It happens sometimes while working on QuickBooks we are welcome by various errors and one of the error is -6010 -100 which explains “Your QuickBooks installation may have been modified. Try re-installing QuickBooks and then try again”. And because of this users are even unable to open QuickBooks file.
There is three root cause problem for the above error:
• The .ND (Network Device) gets detached from the.QBW and.TLG files which result in the above error.
Raed Also - An exposition of all technical concerns with Quickbooks technical support
• If users are using antivirus called NOD32 with Internet Monitor (IMON) for their computer which contains bookkeeping software then this would again result in the above error. *Note if users are using any kind of antivirus which works as a firewall then finding the similar type of errors is possible*.
• Registry Cleaning Programs can also cause the above mention error.
Every error has a solution and QuickBooks Support team is always ready to fight with these errors. Below are the few solutions provided by QuickBooks Support teams:
1st Solution: Install QuickBooks on PC
• Select file > Utilities > Stop Multi-User Access.
• Close and Open QuickBooks again.
*error would be disabled
2nd Solution: Rename the .nd file linked with company data file
• Find files with extension .nd.
• Now open the .nd files in which the users are having the problem in opening.
• Right-click the file and click rename and type old at the end.
• Open QuickBooks.
3rd Solution: Fix error occur due to antivirus NOD32 with IMON
• Look for NOD32 program on your computer where QuickBooks data is stored.
• Deactivate IMON functionality.
• Restart the system.
4th Solution: If users still face the problem or IMON software is no installed, run reboot.bat.
5th solution: Download & run QuickBooks Clean Install tool and then reinstall QuickBooks.
After Following the above solutions if the users still face the problem feel free to contact Quickbooks Support @ 1-877-227-2303.
Read Also:- How to fix Quickbooks Error 3371
Read Also:- Say goodbye to the QuickBooks Technical Support 2015